Sunday, April 30, 2017

My Weekend- Anniversary Edition

It's Sunday night again and I'm spent! Today marks mine and Pierce's 12th wedding anniversary and we really wanted to have a date night to celebrate but our usual babysitters were booked Friday and Saturday, and it seems like fate didn't have it in the cards for us so we made the best out of the weekend with lots of family time. 


Saturday our neighborhood had a huge neighborhood yard sale so we hooked the wagon (I have the older version of THIS one) us to my bike and road all over the neighborhood early that morning. Let me tell you, pulling Emmett and Oliver around for over an hour was a great workout. Thank goodness it was early and there was a breeze or I may have monkeyed.
Of course, since it's spring and a Saturday, Emmett had his baseball game. He's really improving with each game and it's fun to watch. Way to go, Em!

Oliver and I hung out while Emmett and Pierce napped. He posed so cute I had to take a picture. He's getting so big and so darn cute!!!

Saturday afternoon, Emmett and I hopped back on the bike and headed up to the pool for the first time this spring. The weather was perfect. Emmett swam and swam while I sat on the side and chatted with friends. The water is still a little too cool for me and thankfully he didn't hound me to bad to get it. I love that he's a little more independent but I didn't take my eyes off of him because his swimming skills are a work in progress. 

Today, Sunday, is our anniversary. We checked out the local events and settled on going to the Beaufort Air Show and I must say, we chose correctly. There were lots of planes and helicopters to explore in addition to the fabulous air show. Emmett had a blast taking everything in and I think Pierce really enjoyed himself as well. 







 We were all having fun but I could tell Oliver just wasn't himself. He's usually very talkative and loves to eat but all he wanted to do was ride in his stroller and rest. When we left we stopped to grab a late lunch where he proceeded to get diarrhea and threw up on Pierce. We made it home in one piece. I cleaned him up and rocked him until he started to feel better. By five he was wanting eat, talk, and play; thank the Lord. He's usually very active so it's really obvious when he's not feeling well.

He looks miserable here but I fixed his ear protection and he was a little happier. Mainly he just chilled and slept. Sweet, pitiful baby. 


We didn't do much this evening after the long day and pitiful sick baby. Although our anniversary wasn't celebrated how either Pierce or I would have planned it, we know that life with kids is a rollercoaster with it's ups and downs with today being a perfect example. So Pierce, thank you for being my partner in this crazy, rollercoaster of life we have built together. I couldn't imagine living it with anyone else. You are my love, best friend, confidante, and partner in life. Thank you for all you do for me and our family. Love you!






No comments:

Post a Comment