Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Emmett's Birthday Party

I just realized I didn't post any pictures from Emmett's birthday party and since I have this blog in order to document life, especially my boys(who are growing up way too fast), along with sharing with you all, I figured I better get to it.
I love planning a good party and for Emmett's first four birthdays I planned all the details. I coordinated games, decor, and food; but this year I took the easy way out. I kind of hate that I didn't plan and go all out but I also kind of love how easy it ended up being. We chose to have it at the local rec center where the kids could swim, play basketball, and jump on the jump castle. They provided the cake and decor, so all I had to do was bring a few snacks. Even though I love a theme party with cute food and tasteful decor, kids could care less. They just want fun activities and cake. This party covered those bases and Emmett had a blast which is all that really matters.

Emmett enjoying a swim with his besties.

Cake, snacks, and gift bags. 

They spelling his name wrong, ugh 😠...

... but he didn't mind

I can't believe my sweet boy is five. He loves Pokemon, so that was the "theme" we went with on what I added in addition to the rec center decor which I couldn't control. I made these cute favor bags and thought I'd share the how-to with you in case you have a child who is as Pokemon obsessed as mine. It super easy and cheap.
............................................................................................................
Pikachu Party Bags

You will need the following:
  • yellow paper bags
  • black sharpie
  • red sharpie
  • scissors

Leave the bag folded and cut out the ear shape as indicated on the photo above. You don't have mark each bag but I drew it on this one to show where you will need to cut.

Leaving them folded, draw on the face. I started with the mouth which should be in the center. Next add the nose, then eyes, and lastly the cheeks. I drew a simple tail (just the outline) on the back but forgot to take a picture. Just google "Pikachu" to see images of his tail for reference. 

Once decorated, just open up and add you party favors. I taped each one shut across the middle of the head with transparent tape. 
I ended up creating three expressions which you can see above (closed-mouth smile, open-mouth smile, and squint smile). Emmett helped out. Can you figure out which one he did? 💕
............................................................................................................

Another birthday cake. Isn't it crazy how a birth"day" turns into a four day affair? 


No comments:

Post a Comment