Monday, May 8, 2017

This, That, and Goal Updates

Whoa! Can you believe it's already May? It feels like yesterday was March but now it's May and I have to check in on my goals... ugh :-(
I guess that's a pretty good indication on how I did... not so great. The only goal I set for myself in April was to eat clean which is really hard when I had Emmett's birthday, family in town, and our anniversary plus it felt like there was an event every weekend. I'm usually pretty good on the weekdays about fixing clean, healthy breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. But 2 o'clock hits and I want a snack not to mention that after supper Emmett wants us to have dessert together and I can't disappoint him. I allow myself a cheat meal but lately it's turned into a cheat weekend. Oh well, I'm not going to harp on it any longer. What's done is done and all I can do now is try and do better.

May Goals

Goal 1: Workout at least 3 times a week for 35 to 45 minutes. We're already a week into the month and I've worked out twice, so I better get on the ball.

Goal 2: Date nights with Pierce. Our anniversary was last month but things haven't been working out for us to spend any time with each without the kids so I'm shooting for two dates. Fingers crossed. Being parents is hard especially when you're always getting talked over by children. I feel like communication and one on one time is crucial in maintaining a healthy, happy relationship.

I'm going to keep May short, sweet, and attainable. We're going on vacation to Tybee this Wednesday so I've two days to tone up... hahahaha! I kid... I'm going to make the best of what I'm working with and enjoy myself. Maybe I'll be inspired to go for a run on the beach... probably chasing after a child.
............................................................................................................
This weekend was fun so I wanted to share a few pictures.
Saturday started with the obligatory t-ball game. I won't bore you with pictures. You've seen one t-ball game, you've seen them all. 
That evening we went to a Kentucky Derby party. I love dressing up, so this was right up my alley. 

I've always wanted a reason to wear a fascinator and I finally got to do so! 
dress is Taylor (last season) // fascinator (similar

Pierce has been hounding me to take Oliver for his first haircut. I love his long locks but even I must admit they were getting a little long. He was recently called "she" and with his hair wet it came down to his upper back. Rather than have him cry and fight a stranger I took up the scissors and got to it on Sunday morning. Please excuse my attire. I made up my mind and did it with little regard for my appearance and I also forgot to take a before shot of Ollie. 

He sat really well for me. He would have had a fit if a stranger were trying to touch him.

The after... including his little pony tail.

Not a baby anymore 😢 Makes me a little sad.

Later that day we did a little shopping and then headed to Riverfront Park for a picnic. We're always searching for new local places to take the boys, and this one did not disappoint. The park is scenically located along the Cooper River on the old Naval Base. It has lots of cool sculptures, a spray feature, a Naval memorial, an performance pavilion, and, of course, a playground. I bet they host some awesome performances. I'm going to keep an eye out for events at the park. We'll definitely be back!


That was about it. Hope ya'll had a great weekend as well!






SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment