Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Beat the Heat this Summer

"Behold, my friends, the spring is come; the earth has gladly received the embraces of the sun, and we shall soon see the results of their love!" - Sitting Bull

Spring in the South is as perfect as it is fleeting. The flowers are in bloom, everything is green, and the warm days are here to stay. I'm sad to say I think spring has now sprung in we are in full on summer which comes early here in Charleston. The days are longer, the humidity is off the charts, and the heat is incessant. I love long, warm days but I wish spring stuck around just a little longer. The heat makes being outside unbearable at times... even I'm saying that and I don't mind it nearly as bad as my boys. For little Ollie, he's miserable in the heat, so I try to think of creative ways to stay cool and I thought I'd share some of my favorite summer fun must have items to help beat the heat.

//For the Kiddos//

AquaPod- Pierce's sister sent this as a gift for Oliver and I think he'll have a blast trying to walk and jump on it.

Spinning Sprinkler will be fun with the AquaPod
Oliver is going to enjoy this Little Tikes Watertable ....

... and Emmett and his friends will have a blast on this Triple Racer Water Slide.

//For the Adults//

Do you think this would be allowed at the community pool? I sure hope so. This Inflatabull looks like a good time. 
Another pool must-have, Unicorn Drink Floats.


Because it's 1,000 degrees outside... I am going to want lots and lots of Snow Cones.

//More Summer Fun//

I love art, so Squirt Gun Painting is going to be added to our summer to-do list for the kids.

I'm always on the lookout for a refreshing beverage and this Strawberry Pineapple Mojito looks like a winner. 

I hope that these ideas will help make the summer heat a little more bearable while having a blast. 






No comments:

Post a Comment