Monday, May 22, 2017

What We Did & What I Wore

How was everyone's weekend? Mine was busy but fun. Pierce's birthday was this past Thursday so I insisted we have a party to celebrate. Really it was an excuse to have our friends over because it's been ages since I hosted a BBQ. Pierce always complains because he hates the cleaning before and aftermath left behind but since it was a party for him I figured he couldn't complain too much. So on Saturday we grilled and chilled while the kids ran themselves silly. It was a blast. Even Pierce enjoyed himself. When it was over he told me that even though he complained beforehand, he really did have a great time and appreciated me making him do it. The one thing I regret is that I got so wrapped up in planning, decorating, and hosting that I forgot to take pictures of the food and decor. Bummer. I even went with a luau theme. 
What I Wore
dress // shoes // the lei came later 🌸

I did get a few pictures later in the evening
The adult's game table...

... and the kid's game table


On Sunday we had a free day... or so I thought. When Pierce asked what I wanted to do I said "nothing except be lazy." Since it was still technically his birthday and he wanted to get out plus I know better than to think the boys would let me get away with doing nothing, I got myself cleaned up and we headed out. Tall Ships Charleston was in town so we headed to the Naval Base to checked it out. It was crowded but the ships were spectacular. They had pirates, crafts, and lots of food, so it made for a great way spend a few hours that was enjoyable for everyone. 

What I Wore
shirt (50% off right now) // shorts // shoes


Can't you just image sailing through the Caribbean looking for Jack Sparrow on this amazing vessel?
............................................................................................................

The weekends are always stressful for me. I feel like I have to be productive around the house but I also want to do something fun for the kids but I'd also like to have a little me time to shop so by the afternoon on Sunday I'm done. How do you keep the weekends stress free but fun and productive? I'm taking suggestions. 


No comments:

Post a Comment