Friday, April 7, 2017

Emmett's Room

I haven't shown much of my house because it is constantly a work in progress. I feel like there are lots of rooms that need improvement but I'm trying to focus my goals on getting one done at a time and doing it well rather than doing a little here and there. As I get each room done and checked off my to-do list I plan on sharing them with you.


The first room that I thought I would share is Emmett's bedroom. When we moved into our house it was the one bedroom I painted. I wanted it to have a nautical feel with pops of color. Of course it's a kid's room so there are toys but not too childish. This way the room works now that he's four but also in another ten years. I'm keeping it real and showing what it looks like most of the time. Emmett is pretty good about picking up and Pierce does a good job helping him keep his bed made. He's filled his shelves with his treasures and I've added a few nostalgic items from mine, Pierce's, and our family's childhood.


Emmett's treasures

I bought this dresser off Craigslist and refinished it this gray stained color.


I saw mountains painted on a wall on Pinterest and really wanted to do that for Emmett's room. The mountains turned out great but I also intended on adding a lighthouse to tie together the nautical aspects of the room with the mountains. The lighthouse is on my to-do list.



No comments:

Post a Comment