Monday, April 10, 2017

Emmett is Turning 5

In just a few hours, at 2:51 am, to be exact, my little boy will be 5 years old. Everyday Emmett surprises me with the things he says, the questions he asks, his wonderful drawings, creative nature, and adventurous spirit. He's loving, brutally honest, caring, stubborn (he gets it honest), and sensitive. It seems like just yesterday he was sucking his thumb and carrying around his "taggie". Now I look at him, and even though he will only be five, he seems so grown. He's transforming into a little man and I don't think I'm quite ready for that. I want him to still need his mama, to run to me when he's scared, pick me dandelions, and tell me his secrets. I realize these actions will be fewer and far between, so I deeply treasure each one.
Emmett, you are a blessing from God to your father and I. I could never have imagined the joy you have brought to my life. Thank you for being you. I look forward to watching you grow and thank the Lord for blessing me with the opportunity to be your mother.

Emmett through the years:
Love at first sight. I didn't believe it until it happened to me. I am still amazed that the human body can create such an extraordinary creature.

I just want to squeeze those chubby cheeks and thighs. 

My little dessert buddy having his first taste of the good stuff. 

Isn't he the sweetest!?!

Just before he rocked it out at his K-3 end of the year program. 

He can be so adorable...

... or a total goofball!



No comments:

Post a Comment