Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Home Tour- The Reading Nook

Can I get an Amen!?! Hallelujah! I finally have an area in my house that I feel is actually complete. After months of gathering items, pouring over paint colors, and patiently waiting for this bookcase to go on sale, all the elements have come together and I'm done. It's just a small little area but it's nice to have designated area for books and boardgames. I can't wait to have a free moment to myself so that I can enjoy this comfy little spot with a good book. I wish I was better at taking indoor photos, but I gave it my best shot.





animal busts (TJ Maxx and Target) // mirror (similar)


settee // pillows (Tuesday Morning) // throw

bookshelf // tobacco baskets (Hobby Lobby) // storage baskets
............................................................................................................

To go along with the reading nook reveal, I thought I'd share a book recommendation. I just finished Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys. The book switches between four points of view and their interactions in Germany in 1945 as they try to survive and navigate themselves to safety. The pace of the writing, the characters, and their struggles make for a story that is profound, brutal, beautiful, and haunting. The story is fiction but it incorporates actually events and shines a light on a little known piece of history. I'd give it a 9 out of 10. 





No comments:

Post a Comment