Monday, January 30, 2017

Weekend Wrap-up

How did the weekend treat you? For me it was okay... one baby was sick, and the other just wanted to go, go, go. Which makes for a little bit of chaos.
Ollie had to get his 15 month checkup on Thursday which included 3 shots. By Friday night and Saturday he was miserable, running a fever and wanting to be held 24/7. I love the cuddles but it does get tiresome.
 Oliver wasn't too excited to be at the doctor's office but he took his shots like a boss.

Saturday night several of our neighbor hosted a chili cook-off so that morning I threw my ingredients into my crockpot and headed off with the boys to a birthday party. When we got back home I got us all lunch and did a massive amount of laundry. I sort of forgot about the chili and doctoring on it. I am a chili purist and wasn't loving how my turned out but at least it was edible. 


There ended up being SEVENTEEN pots of chili! The competition was tough and it's no surprise... I didn't win.  If they end up doing this again next year I'm going to prepare and practice so that I can give the other cooks a run for their money. Anyway... Pierce got oysters, Emmett had s'mores and it was so fun to hang out with all our neighborhood friends. We ended up calling it an early night though because Oliver wasn't feeling well and Pierce and I got tired of holding him. He is 30 pounds of sweet cuddly love. 


Sunday we had another winner from Clean Simple Eats... Salmon and Greens Spaghetti. I've only made zoodles once before when I sautéed them and they turned out pretty good. For this recipe you mix the raw zucchini noodles with cooked whole wheat spaghetti and pesto sauce. Let me tell, you cannot tell that the zucchini is mixed in. I made this for me and Pierce but the next time I make spaghetti for the boys I am going to add zucchini and I guarantee they will never know. Delicious!


Me on the weekend 😋




No comments:

Post a Comment