Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Reading Nook Inspiration

We moved into our house about a year and a half ago. Since then I've slowly been trying to move from the mismatched hand me down house we have and make it into a cohesive home with grown up, coordinating furniture. The process is slow because furniture and redo's are expensive! I have been picking up items I like and getting rid of items that just don't go. It's hard to part with sentimental items, and I'm not getting rid of everything, but some of this crap has to go.
The next area on my to-do list is this little hall area at the top of our stairs. It's about 8 feet long and 5 feet wide with a window at the end. Right now it's a wasted space which has become a catchall filled with kid's junk, decor, and Christmas decorations which need to go up in the attic. I'm ready to clear out the crap and turn the space into a cute reading nook. I'm imaging the space with a cozy chair or settee covered in cute pillows draped in a fuzzy blanket. Across from the seating area will be a bookcase to hold the tons of books we current'y have stored in the guest room dresser. Not only will it be a relaxing spot but it will also be a designated place for books and games (hopefully hidden).
I don't have my space yet but I found some inspirational spots that I thought I'd share. Although they don't all look like my space, there are elements in each that I like and would like to draw on when creating my space. I hope to have this project completed by spring, and don't worry, I'll definitely post pics when it's done.
Love the chair, blanket, side table, and plant - from Liz Marie Blog- I love her style

This is about the same size space I'm working with. I like the bookcase. This reading book is found here

A tall bookcase might work well too. This little nook can be found here

I like this settee. This one looks so comfy. I found this picture on Pinterest. 

I wish I had the ability to make these awesome built-in bookshelves. The tutorial can be found here. Maybe I'll REALLY get motivated and attempt to make something similar to these.

I like the simplicity of this space. The simple shelves and globe light fixture. Find it here

Pinterest is great for finding so much inspiration but it's hard to narrow down a vision when there is so much to see. Now that I have these beautiful rooms and know the elements I like from each, I have a much better vision of what I want for my space. Stay tuned!










No comments:

Post a Comment