Saturday, January 21, 2017

Clean Eating for Life

Last year I was three months postpartum and, like most women after having a baby, I was not happy with my body. I knew I wanted to get serious, so I started doing the 12 week Bikini Body Guide. It was a great workout program but I knew that if I really wanted to be serious about changing by body I had to also change my eating. I had always tried to be aware of what I was eating but I didn't understand the mechanics behind what I ate. I'd watch calories but not much else so my diet consisted of a lot of carbs (Special K bars, baked chips, cereal, etc.) which is NOT healthy. I'd have limited calories but I never got good results. I had no muscle tone and never really lost weight.
Buffalo Chicken on Sweet Corn Tostado- so good!

I had to figure why. That's when I discovered macros through a friend and the Clean Simple Eats recipe guide. If you want to gain muscle, which burns fat, you have feed your body the right fuel. You need protein to build muscle and new cells, carbohydrates to give you energy and protect your muscles, and fat to store energy to allow your body proper growth, development, and function. These are the building blocks that make up a macrobiotic diet. You should take in a healthy balance of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats for every meal. This proper balance helps your body to function at peak performance. With the Clean Simple Eats meal plan they give you the recipes for every meal with all the macros already calculated. Simply put, it is awesome. I know that by following their guide I am getting a balanced, healthy meal that is satisfying and delicious. There are meal plans for every season with recipes featuring fruits and veggies in season for that time of year. The meal plans are 40-day guide with recipes for every meal (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) along with snack recipes. The macronutrients are balanced at carbohydrates 40%, and a 30/30 split for fats and protein. The work is all done. Drink lots of water, no soda, and no alcohol. Plus you get one cheat meal per week.
Turkey Penne Marinara- the kids love this one

When I started last year my goal was to build muscle and lose 10 pounds within 40 days. I ended up losing 13 pounds, along with building muscle. I wish I knew how much fat I lost especially since I know I put on muscle and still lost 13 pounds. Like I said before, I worked out but the meal plan, I believe, is what took my weigh loss to the next level. Everyone took notice and commented on the change which is always so rewarding. But all good things must come to an end... and I was weak and let myself fall back into some bad habits in the fall. I gain 5 pounds back and lost some muscle tone because I stopped going to gym as religiously as I had been😞
Aloha Chicken Kebobs

That being said, 2 weeks ago I started back with the new winter meal plan, so for the next 40 days I'm cooking these mouthwatering meals and hitting the gym.
Rotisserie Chicken Tacos- tacos are always a hit

If you feel like you've hit a plateau in your weight loss, I encourage you to give these meal plans a try along with weekly exercise. Also, every season when a new meal plan comes out they have a discount and you can get the plan for only $35! You also get entered into the CSE 40-day Challenge where you take your before and after pics, and the top 3 people change the most win cash prizes. The meal plans also include Crossfit style workout suggestions. Plus there is a Facebook page where you can ask questions, get encouragement, and share your thoughts throughout the challenge. I started last year with the spring plan and have bought every plan since and have yet to be disappointed.
Sweet Potato Pie- my husband and 1 year old loved this one

I plan on sharing my results when the 40 days are up. I want to maintain this clean eating plan and turn this way of eating and working out, into a lifestyle. As you can tell, I am passionate able these delicious meals and just had to share it with you. Give it a try, commit yourself to the plan, put in the work, and, I promise, you will not be disappointed.

Breakfast Smoothie


  • 1 cup cashew milk
  • 1 cup frozen fruit (I used mixed berries for this one)
  • 8 to 10 ice cubes
  • 1 tbsp almond butter
  • 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
  • 1/2 tsp stevia in the raw
Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment