Sunday, March 5, 2017

Weekend Wrap Up

I hope this weekend was an enjoyable one for you all! Here it finally felt like winter which was a welcome change. I like the warm weather but I would hate not feeling like we didn't have any winter so the cool weather a nice change. I really enjoy the cold nights and getting to cuddle up in bed under all my covers and not feel like I'm going to have a heat stroke. Who's with me?
Anyway, onto the weekend. We didn't have much planned but I did decide to surprise Pierce with an unplanned date night on Friday. I dropped the kids off with the babysitter and headed to downtown Charleston to do one of my favorite things the Charleston Art Walk. The Charleston Gallery Association hosts four art walks a year where over 40 galleries are open late serving up cheap wine, light hor d'oeuvres, and exquisite art. It's so fun to check out our favorite galleries and explore new ones. Some of my favorite galleries include Aglin Smith Fine Art, Meyer Vogl Gallery, and Robert Lange Studios. I would love to take this and this and this home with but for now I will have to wait.  

What I wore: jacket || jeans || wedge booties

 After the art walk we tried to go to Minero, but the wait was too long (hopefully we get to try it some time soon), so we decided go to Ms. Rose's. I got the pulled pork which was yummy.

My top is no longer available- similar

pulled pork, collars, corn bread, mac & cheese = heaven

............................................................................................................
I headed to Belk's for a little retail therapy. Here are a few I liked enough to take a picture of. Belk's is having a pretty good sale on the end of season items. It's a great time to buy winter clothes!

Love this top. It will be perfect for spring. Find it HERE

Ignore the pants, I was lazy, but I ended up snagging this dress for $8!

This maxi is fabulous for the summer. This Lilly maxi is a winner!
............................................................................................................
Other Pictures from the Weekend

Emmett watching the College of Charleston sailing team practice. In case you can't tell, he loves Pikachu

Waterfront Park in Mt Pleasant

Ollie enjoying the swings. As he swung back and forth, his little laugh was so sweet.

Emmett completed his level 2 swimming class!

So the first weekend of March was a fun and busy one. I don't know why, but Oliver refuses to nap for me and Pierce, so by 5 on the weekends he is miserable. I think he's such a busy-body and so afraid he's going to miss something that he would rather make himself sick than take a nap. At this point, we've resigned ourselves to this but every weekend we hope and pray that he has a change of heart. Any advice? We could all benefit from Oliver getting weekend naps. I never had this problem with Emmett. 




No comments:

Post a Comment