Thursday, March 9, 2017

Thursday Thoughts

Thursday is almost done which means the weekend is almost upon us. Hurray!! The only thing is that we've had such beautiful weather all week but now that the outlook for the weekend stinks. Don't you hate that?
I thought I'd just share a new segment, Thursday Thoughts. It's a random assortment of whatever strikes my fancy. 
Emmett just finished up swimming lessons and will be starting t-ball practice on Saturday. It's amazing to me how many activities there are for kids. From sports to the arts to outdoor activities, the possibilities seem endless. I don't remember ever playing team sports as a young child or taking much more than the occasional dance class but I guess that what comes with growing up in a small town. Kids around here have it good. There are so many activities to participate in that it makes me jealous that I didn't get to experience all this so I'm making sure that my boys do. They will have to focus on their favorites but I do want give them all that I wish I could have done. Just another reason I love living in Charleston. If you're looking for children's programs in Charleston check these out. 
............................................................................................................

Has anyone else been watching Big Little Lies and what are your thoughts? I, personally, haven't been impressed. I feel like they're deviating a little too much and giving away important plot points too early. I realize they have to add and embellish to turn a 300 page book into a seven episode series but I'm disappointed so far. The last episode I didn't really even watch it. I just had it on in the background while I did other stuff. I haven't given up on it yet and I may go back and rewatch this past episode but seeing the previews for next week, with them Madeline, Jane, and Celeste googling Saxon together, I just don't know how this will work out. We shall see.







On the topic of television, I just binged watched Taboo and really enjoyed it. It's dark, dirty, bloody, and creepy which make it terribly good. This is no Jane Austen period piece. It shows the gritty, dirty, hardcore underbelly of Britain in the early 1810's. If you like mystery, period pieces, and suspense, you should watch. The episodes are long but there are only 7. I got through them in no time. Now the wait begins for season 2. 😫







............................................................................................................

I did it! I bit the bullet and bought my bookshelf because World Market has an extra 30% off almost everything making for some really awesome deals. Right now I'm so giddy and ready to get home and get this thing up and filled with books. 
While I was online I also found a few more items I would love to have for my house. Such good deals with an additional 30% off, use code WNEFAM.

I ended up buying this one. I going to put baskets on the bottom to hold games.

This poof is so pretty in person. 


Chic, practical storage baskets.











No comments:

Post a Comment