Thursday, September 28, 2017

Leaf & Book Page Banner


In addition to planning Oliver's party I've also been trying to get the house ready for fall by incorporating little bits of autumn decor throughout the house. One of the main reasons I love this time of year is that it gives me an excuse to decorate. 
I've got mums on the porch, fall flowers on the mantle, and pumpkins all over the place. Today I wanted to share a little craft you can make in less than thirty minutes for about $10. I was hunting Pinterest for ideas for my mantle when I came across a cute fall banner on Sondra Lyn At Home which inspired me to make my own. 
I bought all of my supplies from Joann's except for the book. I used an old book of fairy tales and pulled out the pages for the stories I didn't care far. 

Leaf & Book Page Banner



What you'll need:


Twine
Clothes pins
Faux leaves 
Ribbon
Book pages
Serrated scissors


Hang your string onto the mantle. Cut out your leaves from the book pages using some of the smaller and a few of the larger leaves as templates. Clip together a book leaf to a faux leaf and arrange on the string. Once all the leaves were hung, I added in the gingham ribbon. I'm really loving gingham this fall so I thought it added a nice touch. 

That's it! So easy and so cute. If you've got any of the ribbon left, you can add it around the room to a vase or wreath to tie everything together.




I echoed the gingham from the ribbon in my centerpiece. I also plan on making a throw pillow for the sofa in this same pattern. 

Happy Fall! Have lovely day.





No comments:

Post a Comment