Saturday, September 30, 2017

Oliver's 1st Birthday Flashback

Oliver's Lumberjack Party


It's hard to fathom that my baby will be two in just a few short weeks. It seems like yesterday that we were bringing him home from the hospital. He came into this world like a whirlwind and has stopped since. 
The past few days I've been all caught in planning his upcoming party, writing lists (I love making a good list) of everything I need to make and buy, and making a few games and goodies. 
With birthday parties on the brain, I thought I'd share Oliver's first birthday with you. In my opinion, every party needs a theme, and last year I went with lumberjack. He's always been a big boy, or plump as Emmett calls him, so I felt Oliver would be the perfect little lumberjack, and of course, he was!


Trail Mix Bar

Beard Making Station


Ax Toss

Roasted Hotdogs

Lumberjack Log Cake made using this tutorial here.

Buffalo plaid inside the cake. This took some time to make but I love how it turned out. 



My friend, Amy, made the smash cake


Oliver loved the cake. He was a mess and I knew he would be hence, no shirt. 

1st Year Facts

I had plaid shirt for each of us but it was so hot that Pierce and Emmett protested and ended up in short sleeves.
............................................................................................................

Here's a sneak peak of ideas for Oliver's 2nd birthday. 

I'm going with the barnyard/ petting zoo theme.

Favor idea

How cute is this cake?


Stay tuned for all the fun. I have lots of ideas for food and games that I'll be sharing after next week's party. 



No comments:

Post a Comment