Friday, September 22, 2017

Home Tour- Guest Room

Guest Room Tour


My guest room has been a catchall since we moved into our house over two years ago and it's been driving me crazy. A few weekends ago I finally got around to taking everything out and painting the room. We filled in the hundred nail holes the previous owners left for us and applied a fresh coat of paint. It's amazing how much a new coat of paint can change a room. I wanted a white with hints of cool but not too bright. I went with Sherwin William's alabaster which I think turned out just like I wanted.
Once the walls were done, I only moved in what I wanted to keep in the room. I moved board games and books upstairs to the bookcase, got rid of junk, and organized what was left. Even though our guest room isn't technically a bedroom... it's supposed to be an office... I so happy to have a welcoming, neat space for our family and friends when they come and visit.

Mirror is from Homegoods. Lamps can be found here

Mirror, dresser, and fan are antiques.


I bought the side tables off Craigslist, gave them a fresh coat of paint, and some new hardware... Tada! I love how they turned out. 


I forgot to get a picture of the door with my camera so I took one on my phone but I wanted to show the doors. Even though you can't see through the curtains, I want to get some that are white and a thicker material. 

Before

After

I hope you enjoyed my guest room tour. I have more plans of things to add (like maybe a blue rug and some art) but I'm happy with it especially compared to where it was. What else do you think I need to add?

Also, today's my little sister's birthday. Happy Birthday, Melanie! No matter how old you get, I'll always be older and you'll never let me forget that. 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment