Sunday, September 24, 2017

What we did this Weekend

I haven't shared a weekend post in a while so I figured it was about time to do so. This weekend was so busy that I have lots to share. This weekend we all headed to Columbia to visit my sister, Melanie, and my niece, Alexis, who both had birthdays this weekend. On Saturday we visited Riverbanks Zoo & Gardens. It's been a few years since Emmett's last visit and this was Oliver's first. They both loved all the animals and had a blast, especially since that got to spend the trip with Alexis.


The penguins were a favorite. 

I don't know if anyone else uses a backpack leash for their toddler but as you can see, I do. I used to think they were ridiculous but then I had a toddler who wants to be independent or he will scream bloody murder... so now I get it. He will gladly put on his owl backpack if it means he can walk around freely. I take back all the times I made fun of these. Now I understand. 

Celebrated their birthdays with dessert and margaritas!

Alexis loves herself some Ollie. I think the feeling is mutual.

Happy 5th Birthday Alexis!

On Sunday we went to Alexis' birthday party at a gymnastics center. Emmett was nervous at first but ended up loving it. He loves anything he can be competitive at... I guess he gets that honest (from me).


this reminds me of those cat posters that say "hang in there" 😸

In other Emmett news...
he had his first soccer game last weekend and another this weekend as well. He's really likes it. Maybe we've finally found "his" sport.

he also learned how to ride his big bike... NO training wheels guys!! He was super excited and it was pretty impressive. He put his mind to it, hopped on, and did it like a boss.

I hope you enjoyed a few family photos. This weekend was a blast but now I'm exhausted and ready to hit the sack. I hope you all had a fabulous weekend as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment