Monday, February 20, 2017

Weekend Wrap Up

We had another beautiful weekend here in Charleston. The weather was just perfect and it continues to be unseasonably warm, but no complaints here.
On Friday, Pierce left for an overnight kayaking/ camping trip out at Caper's Island so it was just me and the boys Friday night through Saturday afternoon. We shopped, snacked and played. Emmett helped me pick out faux animal busts and pillows for my reading nook... keep scrolling to check out my progress so far.

We stopped at the Krispy Kreme and let Oliver have his first taste of the South's deep fried deliciousness. Of course, he loved it!


When we got back home, the boys played outside with the neighbors while I sanded end tables and spray painted curtain rods. I have a lot of projects in the works right now so I have to squeeze them in little by little when I can find the time.

That evening I headed to Old Wide Awake Plantation. This was my first time visiting and I wanted to take some photos there but I didn't realize the site is privately owned. Be aware that you should contact the owner's before visiting. Anyway, I walked around for a minute and must say, it is a beautiful house. If you're looking for a truly Southern place to get married, you should check it out because it would be there perfect venue. By the way, this is where Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe got married.

♥ Porch envy ♥

and these steps ♥♥

Sunday we packed up the kiddos and went downtown for the Southeastern Wildlife Expo. SEWE is a must-do if you live in or visit Charleston mid-February. They have art, food, and animal exhibits throughout downtown and is fun for the entire family. My parents came down and went with us. We had a blast!
the Bird's of Prey at Marion Park are a must see


Ollie and my dad

Emmett with my parents. The boys love spending time with their mimi and papa.

Today was an extension of the weekend since it was President's Day. I definitely vote for a four day workweek. I dropped the kids off at the sitter's and was able to get so much accomplished today. I got two coats of paint on the guest room side tables I'm refinishing, worked on my income taxes, hung curtain rods in the guest room, edited photos, and hung all the animal busts for the reading nook. Whew... I'm tired but I'm so glad I got some items checked off my list.

Check out my progress. 

My reading nook is slowly coming together 😊 all I have left is to to get the bookcase. Emmett picked out the giraffe head and helped me choose the pillows when we went shopping Saturday. He was excited when he got home today and saw this wall. He went upstairs by himself and yelled down that we had to come up to see it because it was awesome. I love the joy he finds in the little things! I hope he doesn't lose his four-year-old spirit and enthusiasm. 

And that is how I spent my long weekend. I hope you all had a productive and fun weekend as well! Now I'm off to bed. 
Night, night.



No comments:

Post a Comment