Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Finding Inspiration- Guest Bedroom

My guest bedroom is uninspiring to say the least. It has become a free for all. Filled with all the stuff that didn't seem to have a place but now I'm at the point where I'm ready to clean it up and get make it into a respectable room for our friends and family. I've started cleaning it out and organizing all the crap, but now I need to get proper furniture and wall decor. I've been searching Pinterest and have so many rooms that bring me inspiration, so I just wanted to share a few.

This lovely room is by the impeccable Joanna Gaines and featured on Fixer Upper

Such a bright, light room and I love the striped wall. Room found here

I like the mirror over the bed and white side tables. Room found here.

Again, the side tables, but also the lamps and iron bed. Room found here.

This sad room is my current guest room situation. A better room is to come!

I bought some end tables from a guy off Craigslist that are a work in progress. I'm currently in the process of refinishing them. I also have two of these pretty lamps to go atop my tables once they're ready. 
Above the bed, I was thinking would really like to put a large mirror, at least 40" diameter, but all the one's I like are more than I want to spend. This mirror is the one I'm lusting after and the price isn't outrageous, but I'm still going keep an eye out for a sale. In a recent episode of Fixer Upper, Joanna used a smaller (maybe 16"x 24") scalloped mirror above the bed and it worked, so I may rethink the size. 

I have been buying pieces here and there, so I hope to have this room done in the next week or so. I'd also like to paint the room since it's still builder's grade cream, ewww, but again, I'll have to find the time to get it done. When I do find the time to paint, I'm sure I will keep it light with a nice white wall. 






No comments:

Post a Comment