Monday, June 19, 2017

Weekend Wrap-up

As I'm sure you're all fully aware, this past weekend was Father's Day. I bought Pierce his Father's Day present a few weeks back. He picked it out and couldn't wait until this weekend so he's been using it since I bought it for him. So what did I get him? For the main gift I bought him this watch which I suggested in my guy gifts post found here. Since the present had already been given, I didn't have to stress over that but I did ask him what he wanted to do for the weekend. We haven't visited Pierce's parents in months, so that's what he decided he'd like to do. We packed and headed up to Greenville to let the boys spend some quality time with their Gram and Pops. 
On Saturday morning we visited the Greenville Zoo which the boys loved. It's a small zoo but has a good variety of animals that you can get up close and personal with. 


The leopard was their favorite.
After the zoo we went to downtown to Greenville to get bite to eat and do a little shopping. Greenville has a great downtown that has been revitalized with lots a wonderful restaurants and shops. We stopped in Mast General Store, O.P. Taylor's Toys, and Anthropologie to name a few. Then grabbed lunch at Trio Cafe. 

I got the ham florentine calzone was yummy. 

After the shopping, we headed back to the house and worked on a few crafts for the kids. This was Oliver's first time painting and he loved it! I think he could have painted for hours but were doing it outside and about 20 minutes in it started to rain. Thankfully he had enough time to paint some lovely pictures for daddy and Gram. 


The boys were going to have to have baths after the painting (Ollie's belly was it's own canvas) so once it started raining, I let them play in the rain. 

I rained for a while but I had checked the weather and packed several craft options. Slime is all the rage and Emmett has been dying to make some. We tried out a couple of recipes I found on Pinterest. I'll share the recipes and our reviews of each along with which was Emmett's favorite in a future post. 

Which one is his favorite slime?

On Sunday the boys gave Pierce his painting and some other crafts I helped them make for him. We like to beat the traffic, so we played a little more with the grandparents at the park then headed back to Charleston. 

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there... especially this hunk who is a exceptional father and wonderful husband. 

We made mini handprint keychains from each of the boys. 

Emmett painted these mugs. Each mug comes in a kit I found at Michael's. You get the mug and paint for $1.50! Have your little artist paint, then bake for 30 minutes, and voila! An easy, affordable handmade gift that's sure to big a smile to the recipient's face.  

We had a wonderful weekend. I hope ya'll did too celebrating all the wonderful dads in your life.







No comments:

Post a Comment