Friday, June 30, 2017

Four Things on a Friday

Today I wanted to share a few things I've been enjoying and doing lately.

Fitness
With summer back, our local FIA group is back to having morning workouts three times a week at 5:45. This works out so well for me. I get my workouts done and over with before the day starts. It's great. With that, I've been hitting my goal of working out 3+ times a week. Woohoo!!!
What is FIA? It stands for Females in Action. It's a free, peer-led fitness group that focus on fitness, friendship, and community. If you're invested, look them up because there all over SC as well as several other states, so there's a good chance there's a group that meets near you.

Reading
I've also do some good summer reading. It can be difficult to find time to read but lately I've been able to sneak in some me-time and get some good reading accomplished. I've ranked the ones I read from best to least favorite, although none of them were awful.

1. Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter- A young movie star ends up on a remote island in the 1960's with a secret.
Great read, especially if you're a fan of old movie actors.
2. Where'd You Go Bernadette by Maria Semple- When a young girl's mother mysteriously disappears, she does everything she can to track her down which includes uncovering her mysterious past.
Interesting characters and interesting plots twists.
3. The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty- A letter is written that shouldn't be read and when it is it can never be unread. The wife and other's feel the repercussions of her husband's secret.
The multiple character points of view took me a minute to get used to but the story was interesting and captivating.
4. The Girl in the Garden by Melanie Wallace- An abandoned girl and her baby are taken in by a cast of characters in a coastal New England town.
The writing took a little to get used to but the story was good.
5. Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll- A woman with a past returns home and doing so revisits the demons that still haunt her.
It took me a while to get into this one but it finally picked up even though it ended up being predictable.

Shopping

I've got a girls beach trip coming up in a few weeks and I did a little shopping for the trip. I've got a few more things I'd like to get but here are a couple that are making the trip with me.
First, soft matching pajamas. As lovely as my large t-shirts are that I normally sleep in, I thought I step it up and get a nice matching set. These are on sale and the pants are so comfy I may not take them off. Sale alert! Dillard's is taking an additional 30% off clearance now through Saturday online and in store, no code needed... so get your booties there now. While your there check these pjs that are also on sale, here and here.


sunglasses on sale for $6// hat (similar) // coverup 

Home

I'm so excited because Pierce and I finally bit the bullet and bought an awesome washer and dryer set. We installed it on Tuesday and by Wednesday Pierce had washed AND folded all the dirty laundry in the house... so I know he's excited too. The plan now is to get rid of the crappy wire shelving, paint the dark brown walls and refresh the flooring to totally update the laundry room and make it a functional space. I can't wait to get started and show off our before and afters. Here's what we got.


I hope you all have a fun, safe weekend celebrating Independence Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment