Monday, October 9, 2017

Oliver's 2nd Birthday Petting Zoo Party

All last week I was stressing and prepping for Oliver’s 2nd birthday party and it all came to fruition yesterday. It ended up being a beautiful day and even if there were a few hiccups, no one seemed to notice, and we all had a great day.
When I was trying to figure what I wanted to do for Oliver's party I knew it had to be something he would enjoy and since he is such an animal lover having a farm/ petting zoo party would be perfect for him.
I get such a thrill out of planning everything. For the food and games, I searched Pinterest for inspiration and found so many great ideas. Now it’s time for picture overload. I enjoy the planning that goes into the party but the best part is seeing everyone’s faces (especially the birthday boy) as they take it all in. It makes all the hard work worthwhile.

My friend, Amy, made this fantastic cake

I love little details... like the forks and knives wrapped to look like corn... 

... and place cards for food with a farm theme...

... there was the chicken coop, potato field, feed & seed, orchard, pig pen, and a watering hole

Favors for the guests included homemade candy apples...

... cheddar & caramel "corn-on-the-cob"

Oliver liked riding the pony...

...but not the tortoise

There was also a pig...

... rabbits, a sheep, and...

... a horse for the bigger kids

For games I had Feed the Pig & Feed the Cow bean bag toss...

... Tractor Races...

... and Pin the Tire on the Tractor

Apparently Oliver thought he was supposed to bite the candle out... don't worry I blew it out before he got too close


Party Ponies and Farm Friends provided the ponies and petting zoo animals. Brandie did a great job and I would definitely recommend them if you want to have ponies or a petting zoo at your next party.


I hope you enjoyed Oliver's party. I found so much inspiration online that I wanted to share how it turned out. This was definitely one for the books!



No comments:

Post a Comment