Monday, April 24, 2017

Gifts and Dessert for Mom

We are less than three weeks out from one of the more important days of the year... Mother's Day. There are so many moms in my life who have loved me, taught me, and inspired me so it's nice to show them that their impact on my life is meaningful. Picking up the phone and giving them a call to let them know I'm thinking about them is probably all they'll say they want but it's nice to give them a little surcee to show them how much I care about them. They deserve it.
Here are a few gift ideas for the lovely moms in my life. I may have included a few that I wouldn't mind having as well. (hint, hint Pierce... actually, he's already gotten me mine. See below.)


1. Pineapple Travel Blanket- The perfect gift for the mom who loves the beach or picnics.

2. Sullivan's Island Print- I'm impatient and ordered this for Pierce to get me and it's technically an early Mother's Day gift. I love Teil's work, especially the beach scenes.

3. Rosy to Red Nail Lacquer Set- For the mom who loves a fresh nail color. 

4. Rambling Rose Crossbody- A little pricey but a cute, bold piece.

5. Open Heart Ring- For the mom who has your heart. A splurge but it is a perfect little ring. 

6. Burlap Wrapped Bouquet- Who doesn't love flowers, plus these bouquets are so fresh and unique.

7. Silver & Rose Gold Mesh Watch- I'm all about the mixed metals right now, so this watch goes with everything. Pierce bought me this when we were out a few weeks back because we found it for an awesome price. I'm already getting lots of use out of it ;-)

8. Hello Sunshine Floppy Hat- Spring and summer are calling, so help your favorite mama welcome them with fun hat. 
............................................................................................................

If you know me then you know I love dessert. I love to make desserts, share desserts, and eat desserts. This recipe is fabulous and a wonderful treat to make and share for Mother's Day. A friend made these for me after I had Emmett and they were irresistible and ate almost all of them by myself. The cookie base, smooth chocolate layer, and crunchy toffee are to die for.

Marscapone Chocolate Toffee Bars

Ingredients
  • 1 pound refrigerated sugar cookie dough 
  • 4 chocolate-toffee candy bars, coarsely chopped OR heaping 2/3 cup Chocolate Covered Heath Bits
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 tsp vegetable oil
  • 1 cup (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese, at room temp
  • 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Instructions
    ............................................................................................................

    Your Southern word of the day is surcee. A surcee is a thoughtful or unexpected gift given for no reason other than to share a token of friendship.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment