Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Style on the Cheap- Shopping SheIn

Have you gals heard of SheIn? If not you're in for a shopping treat. They have trendy clothes at awesome price. I found out about it when I just had to buy a top I saw on  Seersucker and Saddles (a superb fashion blog) for only $12. 
I'm talking about $10 - $30 for most pieces. While they have super cute styles and fabulous prices, do be aware that there are a few need to knows when shopping.

Black Maxi for $24 {love the back & sides}

1. READ THE REVIEWS. I cannot stress this enough. The outfits look cute on the models but you want to make sure it will work for you. See what others have to say on the quality, sizing, and material before adding it to you basket. Some items run small, others large. Some are very short. The pictures other buyers post also give you a good idea of how it looks in real life. 

2. Shipping can be slow when ordering multiple items. If you order one piece at a time you will get them faster, of course you'll have to pay more shipping but it may be worth it to some people since the items are so cheap to begin with. 

3. Discount codes. The dollar off when you spend so much is self explanatory but the percentage off is not. For example, if you use a 40% off code, the price is not 40% off the sale price; it is 40% off the retail price. So if an item is already on sale for 40% you won't get another 40% off. If the item says 35%, you will get an additional 5% off to bring the item to 40% off. Make sense? I was confused by this one at first.

4. There are a lot of items and it can be overwhelming. I find it easier to shop using my computer where I can get a better view of the products and add my favorites to my cart then when I'm done I go back through and weed it out until I get down to the ones I must buy. Also, I find it difficult and frustrating to shop using my phone because once you click on an item and then go back to list it takes you to the top and you have to go through everything you've already seen again. 

I hate returning items so I read reviews and only buy items I'm at 95% sure will work for me. So far I've had good success with the items I've bought from SheIn and haven't had to return anything, so I don't know what their process is like. 

Now that you know the in's and out's of shopping the site it's time for me to show you some of my favorite pieces I've been lusting after. Some are already on their way to me... I'll be sure an post pictures and reviews for you when I get them. Happy shopping!




No comments:

Post a Comment